1.05.2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!
The book I am writing about today is definitely not new, but I guarantee it is a good one! It's one of those books that sucks you in -- you just can't put it down!!

Stuck in Neutral by Terry Trueman
This book is a Printz Honor Book from 2001
(click on title or image to request)
From the front of the book...
"My name is Shawn McDaniel.
I'm 14 years old.
I think my father is planning to kill me."

From the back of the book...
"Shawn McDaniel's life is not what it may seem to anyone looking at him. He is glued to his wheelchair, unable to voluntarily move a musle -- he can't even move his eyes. For all Shawn's father knows, his son may be suffering. Shawn may want a release. And as long as he is unable to communicate his true feelings to his father, Shawn's life may be in danger.
To the world, Shawn's senses seem dead. Within these pages, however, we meet a side of him that no one else has seen -- a spirit that is rich beyond imagining, breathing life."