4.25.2007

NEW BOOK

The Queen Geek Social Club by Laura Preble
(click on title or image to request)
From the back of the book...
"I'll be the first to admit it -- I'm a geek.
Shelby Chapelle is happy being a geek army of one...

Here's the thing about friends: You can't just put a poster up at school and advertise for them. You'd just look pathetic and desperate. And if you're somebody like me -- smart, witty, pretty, charming, humble -- it's even more challenging to find that special someone who becomes your Best Friend.
Until the new girl moves in...
But now freakishly tall Becca Gallagher has moved to town from L.A., with her dragon tattoo and wild ideas. (Suddenly my mad-scientist father and our robot, Euphoria, seem normal.) We became best friends instantly. But Becca wants to shake things up at school and look for "others of our kind," so we're starting the Queen Geek Social Club.
And a jock in geek's clothing threatens to crash the party...
The thing is, this guy, Fletcher Berkowitz, keeps nosing around, asking lots of questions about the Queen Geek Social Club. He's cute, and interesting, and I think he likes me. Therefore, I must torture him. One good thing about being a longer: No one can break your heart..."