5.21.2011

IT's HERE! Cover Release for Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick

Ashes
Book One in Ashes Trilogy
by Ilsa J. Bick
Coming September 13, 2011
from Egmont
-----------------
A haunting and epic story of survival in a shattered world. ASHES is a must read.” - Michael Grant

It could happen tomorrow... 
A cataclysmic event. 
An army of "The Changed." 
Can one teen really survive on her own?

An electromagnetic pulse sweeps through the sky, destroying every electronic device and killing billions. For those spared, it's a question of who can be trusted and who is no longer human...

Desperate to find out what happened and to avoid the Changed, Alex meets up with Tom---a young army veteran---and Ellie, a young girl whose grandfather was killed by the electromagnetic pulse.

This improvised family will have to use every ounce of courage they have just to survive.

Gripped me from the beginning to end—-dark, creepy and suspenseful. I loved it” - James Dashner

I have been waiting for so long for the cover of this book to be revealed, and finally my wait has ended. The cover usually sets the tone of what a reader can expect from the pages it protects, and in Ashes I feel that I'll get a ride as unflinching and chilling as the synopsis of the book suggests. I'm hoping for a thrill ride on par with Ann Aguirre's Enclave, and am very excited to immerse myself in a whole new world with this book.