2.28.2012

Burn Mark by Laura Powell

Coming 06/19/12
BURN MARK
by Laura Powell
ISBN-13: 978-1408815229
Bloomsbury, 416 pages.
AmazonB&NGoodreads

Glory is from a family of witches and lives beyond the law. She is desperate to develop her powers and become a witch herself. 

Lucas is the son of the Chief Prosecutor for the Inquisition - the witches' mortal enemy - and his privileged life is very different to the forbidden world that he lives alongside. 

And then on the same day, it hits them both. Glory and Lucas develop the Fae - the mark of the witch. In one fell stroke, their lives are inextricably bound together, whether they like it or not ...

I am loving the cover for Burn Mark! I know we aren't supposed to judge a book by it's cover- but I usually do. I'm so ashamed. But in all honesty, a cover sets the tone for what the reader can expect inside- or at least that's the way it should be. I've read amazing books that have had covers that aren't the best, and too many books that were all cover and no substance. I just finished Ashfall by Mike Mullen- and that book cover and synopsis do not do the contents of that book any justice, it blew my mind like a supervolcano. As for Burn Mark, I'm very eager to read it, especially after reading Born Wicked and Dragonswood that both seriously left me in the mood for more books on witches.