10.15.2012

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea



BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA
Coming 08/15/13
Kindle ASIN: B007HU7J0A
Publisher: Dial/Penguin
Pages:
-----------
I prayed to Freddie about the Devil. I asked her to keep my hands out of his. I asked her to keep me safe from evil. But, for all my praying, the Devil still found me. He arrived on my front steps one summer and tried to take me back to Hell with him. 

Violet knows something is wrong with River, the crooked-smiling, coffee-loving liar renting the guesthouse behind her rotting mansion, where she lives alone with her twin brother. And Violet knows something is wrong with her town--kids hunting monsters in cemeteries, girls fainting outside old train tunnels, men cutting themselves in the town square.

But she doesn’t care.

Violet's grandmother had warned her about the Devil, had talked about him often, as if he were a best friend, or an old lover. But she never told Violet that the Devil could be a dark-haired boy in vintage clothes who takes naps with you in the sun and likes old movies and has a deep sense of vengeance.

Violet's already so knee-deep in love she can't see straight.

And that's just how River likes it. 


I am crazy about this book. By its very phantasmagorical nature, this synopsis is sending me into Mina Harker-like swoons.