9.03.2013

Available for Per-Order: City Of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

CITY OF HEAVENLY FIRE
The Mortal Instruments, Book Six
by Cassandra Clare
Coming 05/27/14
ISBN-13: 978-1442416
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Pages: 496
Find it at Amazon, B&N, Goodreads
----------
ERCHOMAI, SEBASTIAN HAD SAID. 

I am coming.


The spellbinding, seductive finale to the bestselling Mortal Instruments series.

Darkness returns to the Shadowhunter world. As their society falls apart around them, Clary, Jace, Simon, and their friends must band together to fight the greatest evil the Nephilim have ever faced: Clary’s own brother. Nothing in the world can defeat him—must they journey to another world to find the chance? Lives will be lost, love sacrificed, and the whole world change in the sixth and last installment of the Mortal Instruments series!

Ug, I post this because I used to love this series. And I'm not one of those who doesn't love it anymore because it got so popular- I am over it because I felt the series should have ended as a trilogy. Big deal, who cares if I didn't like the last couple of books right? The last straw the soured it all for me was the movie, my aversion to the casting of Jace, and Mortal Instruments fatigue from seeing the movie promo everywhere. I'd love to read something completely different from Cassandra Clare. I did like The Infernal Devices (even if it was the same thing- only as Victorian steampunk), and I am ambivalent about The Dark Artifices, and am wondering what the hell else there can possibly be told in the far future series set in this same world- The Wicked Powers. Le sigh, The Bane Chronicles, the graphic novel project about the Circle are still yet to be published... uh, I'm burned out. She does have the Magisterium series she is co-writing with Holly Black due out sometime in Fall of 2014, but that seems to be middle grade. It seems that I've moved passed this series, but for a long time, TMI was the coolest thing out there and therefore it was always deserve a shout out when something new comes along.

6 comments:

Tales of the Ravenous Reader said...

I am so with you on this. Ugggggg!

Sarah said...

You take the words right out of my mouth! City of Glass was such a great end to the series and I mean, I would miss the characters but at least it ended on a good note! Then when she published the second arc I really tried my best to like it...but they've sucked so far. Infernal Devices was a enjoyable read though very much similar to TMI. I wondering if maybe I'd be more taken with The new Dark Artifices series if she hadn't started the second story arc with Clary and Co. As far as the movie goes, I think it was a great adaptation in that they didn't completely screw up the story line, but the way the actors delivered their lines was so cheesy and cliched! Jamie Campbell-Bower was only ever good in the Sweeny Todd movie. :p

perla said...

Ravenous Reader & Sarah,

I don't need all of my favorite series to go on forever. The author should know when to stop. As for the movie, it's the same, movie studios only care about money, they will try to recapture the Twilight/Hunger Games lighting- but if the adaptation is stupid the authors should walk away instead to taking a crappy deal. The casting of that movie was not for me. Nothing can redeem bad acting (unless they figure out how to CGI a good performance onto an actors face!).

Oh, the 50 Shades of Grey casting, what do you think? I never read the books because readers I respect all said the books were a pile of badly written garbage. But I love Charlie Hunam, I know he can deliver some steam- with the bonus of being able to act his way out of a cardboard box.

Tales of the Ravenous Reader said...

Ok, so glad to know that you did not care for the TMI COB movie. I mean, come on, you cannot have a male lead character that looks like he needs to eat 10 cheeseburgers, keep his shirt on and stop using so much hair product and lip gloss. The only character that I think they did well with casting is Simon.

As for 50 shades. I like Charlie Hunam. I find him to be very handsome, but I am not excited about this movie for there is no way that they can go where this book leads it's readers.

I will be very interested to see what they manage to do.

This year has been a disappointing mess for book to movie interpretations and I no longer hold an hope for any of them and if they mess up THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, I will give up on all of those movies.

perla said...

I hear you! I am a little excited for Where I Live Now, but my expectations are not high.

Fifiey Azmi said...

I agree with you.
Nothing more to be said.

I did love TID.

But I started to hate TMI since Clary and Jace got crazy together.

The only reasons I'll be reading the next books is, Simon and Izzy.