12.14.2012

RISING SUN by David Macinnis Gill- Black Hole Sun Prequel- this is me freaking out!!

RISING SUN
Black Hole Sun Trilogy Prequel, Book 0.5
By David Macinnis Gill
On Sale: 2/5/2013
ISBN-13: 978-0062273024 
Publisher: Greenwillow

Pages: 50
Edition: E-Book
--------------------------------
A stand-alone short novella, a prequel to David Macinnis Gill’s acclaimed Black Hole Sun, of which Suzanne Collins said, “David Macinnis Gill rockets readers to new frontiers. . . . Action-packed.”Jacob Stringfellow, aka Durango, once had a promising career in the elite armed forces. That was before. Before his father betrayed him and his unit. Before he almost died and had an artificial intelligence flash-cloned to his brain. Now Durango and Mimi (the AI) are figuring out how to get along and figuring out how to stay in the game. Set on a violent and unforgettable dystopian Mars, this is a must-read for fans of the author’s Black Hole Sun trilogy and for anyone who loves intense, action-packed science fiction.

I LOVE this series. Durango is on my all time favorite characters list. I can not freaking wait for this e-book. I WISH it was full novel length!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The novella is about 34k words, which is about half the length of the regular novels.

perla said...

Thank you stranger, you just made a bad day a little brighter. Smiley face here.

Christina said...

I don't really bother with novellas, since I can't get them from the library, unless they're free.

However, I am looking forward to book 3. I like that Durango's a big strong dude, but totally doesn't mind that his girlfriend could beat him in a mental or physical contest. She can kick his ass and he thinks that's hot. LOVE IT. Not enough male characters are cool with that.

perla said...

Christina- I couldn't agree with you more about Durango! But some novellas are crucial to a series- the Throne of Glass novellas by Sarah J. Maas are a work of genius! As well as Destroy Me the Shatter Me novella by Tahereh Mafi, you HAVE to read them if you read the series. Without them, a reader will know nothing!!!! I'm hoping this novella is along the same lines. But I'll take whatever I can get from Durango and Vienne.